The Thrive Approach
'We are a Thrive school'
The Thrive Approach has been developed over many years helping children to ﬂourish. It supports their emotional and social development and helps them feel happy and secure, able to enjoy friendships, relate well to others and be ready and able to learn.
The Thrive Approach Thrive is a specific way of working with all children that helps to develop their social and emotional wellbeing, enabling them to engage with life and learning. It supports them in becoming more self-assured, capable and adaptable. It can also address any troubling behaviours providing a firm foundation for academic attainment.
If you would like some more information about Thrive please speak to one of our Thrive practitioners or to Mrs Wilson.
Insights for parents during the Covid-19 lockdown
To help you through the lockdown, Thrive have pulled together some hints and tips in this first, FREE release of the Thrive-Online Parent Toolkit. It is specially designed for parents with children aged 4 to 11 years.
The parent toolkit provides:
• Information and an animation explaining the different, age-related stages of a child’s social and emotional development
• Short films showing two families sharing the impact this knowledge of Thrive has had on them
• Hints and tips for looking after yourselves
• Carefully selected, age-appropriate strategies and activities for you to try with your children at home
• A facility for you to expand and personalise the toolkit for you and your children.